InterLab 2013 is right around the corner. Have you registered yet? If not please get your registration in ASAP! We have an exciting program planned and don’t want you to miss a thing! Here are a couple of updates as we get closer to the event kickoff:
The agenda has been posted. Our program features many exciting talks, workshops, and events, including:
- HTML5 Monday All-Day Tutorial with Emily Lewis, Joe Lewis, and Janine Scott, followed by a free shuttle to Sandia Peak!
- Keynote addresses from guest speakers Chantal Forster, Emily Lewis, and Virginia DeBolt!
- Lightning Talks at the Tuesday reception!
- Night at the Atomic Museum – Wednesday night exclusive access to the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History with free catered dinner, free shuttle to and from the museum, and a no-host bar.
- Many outstanding talks from your peers around the national lab community!
Tuesday Night’s reception will feature an hour of “Lightning Talks” – fast paced and informal five-minute presentations from attendees on any subject you like. No restrictions on subject area: Talk about web programming, print design, social media management, your favorite piece of historical knowledge, financial advice, or play us a tune! This is an opportunity to get up and practice your public speaking and to kick off discussions with your peers. Presentations should be conversation sparks – a place to start a discussion that would continue through the evening as you descend from the stage and mingle with your peers. Sign up for your 5 minutes of fame today!
See you there!
We now have the agenda for InterLab 2013 posted! We have a full agenda and are looking forward to some interesting and informative talks this year. Thanks to all who applied and congratulations to everyone speaking this year.
Don’t forget to register!
We are pleased to announce that our Monday all day hands-on workshop will be Introduction to HTML5, taught by Emily Lewis (author, Microformats Made Simple & HTML5 Cookbook), Janine Scott (Sandia Labs), and Joseph Lewis (Sandia Labs, Author of AdvancED CSS and the Foundation Website Creation series.) Don’t forget to register, submit abstracts if you’d like to speak, and to make sure your lab conference/travel approval process has started!
The InterLab Committee is now accepting abstracts for presentations for InterLab 2013 to be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico August 5-8. Please see the Call for Papers page for more information and to submit your abstract!
We are excited to announce that the InterLab 2013 Web Collaboration Workshop is set for June 3-6, 2013, hosted by Sandia National Laboratories at the Sheraton Uptown in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Save the date! Here’s some things to know and prepare for as the date approaches:
- Put in your conference travel requests to your lab management ASAP. While you don’t need to book flights or hotels yet, many labs are requiring some sort of approval process to allow travel to these sorts of events. The good news is that we have costs well below the DOE’s $100K threshold and plan to offer an informative yet cost-effective event.
- Conference registration costs per attendee is expected to be $400 or less.
- Event will be held at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown. We will have a block of 50 rooms reserved at the per diem rate of $81. Book by May 12th to get the per diem rate.
- Evening events will include a Monday informal group tram excursion to Sandia Peak, a Tuesday night reception at the Sheraton Uptown, and a Wednesday night gala event at the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History.
- The Sheraton Uptown is in a very walkable neighborhood with access to shopping and restaurants, and you could easily get by without the need of a car to save on costs. We will arrange bus transportation to the Sandia Peak Tram event and the Atomic Museum gala.
- Most meals will be catered except for the informal Monday evening event, providing additional expected cost efficiencies.
- The DOE approval process is ongoing. We are very confident that this will fly, but stay tuned for the final green light.
Expect a call for papers in the next few weeks, spread the word to your colleagues, and more details to follow!
InterLab 2013 will be hosted by Sandia National Laboratories this year in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Details are forthcoming so stay tuned for a call for papers, registration, agendas, and travel info.
Save the date: June 3-6, 2013!